New Patient Registration
We always welcome new patients at Southmead & Henbury Family Practice.
We have a Personal list system, meaning that each patient will have a named accountable GP looking after them.
We welcome patients who are moving into the area and patients who currently live in the area to come and register with us.
Click here to see a map of our Practice area
Registering With The Practice
Step 1- print out and complete our GMS1 Family Doctor Registration Form, New Patient Registration Questionnaire and Alcohol Screening Survey for New Patients*
Step 2- please return both forms to the practice or by emailing email@example.com
Step 3- it will take 2 working days to process your registration. We may contact you to request further information during this time.
*You will need to complete the alcohol screening page even if you do not drink alcohol
Click here for more information on how to complete your registration form.
Our Patient Charter
What you can expect from us:
- We will maintain your right to privacy and treat your medical and personal details as confidential.
- Deal with you in a respectful and efficient manner at all times.
- To give you a full and clear explanation on matters concerning your health and medical treatment within a reasonable timeframe if you request this.
- Access to your medical records as defined by current legislation under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We will notify you of changes concerning the day to day functioning of the practice through posters, the practice leaflet, newsletters and our websites.
- All health care professionals who are directly involved with your medical care have undergone appropriate/relevant training and updating and hold the statutory qualifications.
What we expect from you as a patient:
- To adhere to practice policy when making and keeping appointments.
- Be on time for your appointment.
- Notify the reception team as soon as possible if you cannot make an appointment.
- Treat GP’s and staff with respect—we do not tolerate violent or abusive behaviour.
- Advise the reception team of any changes of address/telephone numbers.
- Work in partnership with us to achieve the best possible use of our services.
Changes to Personal Details
It is vital that you keep us up to date with all of your current contact details, incorrect information may delay care.
If you move house within the practice area, or change your telephone number, please let us know immediately.
If you move outside the practice area, you should register with a doctor who is local to your new address. If you would like to remain with our practice, please make a request in writing to the partners. All requests are decided on an individual basis taking into account the following criteria:
- Geographical distance from the practice.
- Cover by Out of Hour Services.
- Likelihood of the need to access community services.
- Likelihood of the need for a home visit.
You must inform us immediately if your circumstances change, i.e. you need access to community services, in this case you may be asked to re-register with another surgery local to you home.
What to Expect from General Practice
Click here to read a detailed guide to how GP practices operate.